Jane Edwards Third Grade Enrichment Group
During the 2013-2014 school year, Third Grade students (and one Second Grader !) participated in an Enrichment Group. During this time we read several books and had many lively discussions !
We did several “hands on” projects to help us learn more about what we studied:
- We built a scale model of the Kon Tiki raft which showed us how the raft was built and helped us understand how something is built to scale
- We studied the world map, and traced the journey of the explorer Marco Polo
- We built a Roller Coaster model to learn the principles of Mechanics of Motion – Potential Energy, Kinetic Energy, Friction, etc.
- We studied the Scientific Method of Investigation. We built a Volcano model which demonstrated a chemical reaction experiment, and an Electromagnet, which demonstrated the control of magnetic forces.
- We studied computers and the Internet, and learned how to load this description and pictures on the Jane Edwards Web site !!!!!!!!